For us, users’ privacy it is very important.
What are cookies and why do we use them?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the user’s device when accessing certain web pages to store and retrieve information about the navigation that is performed from that computer.
Cookies allow said website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the user’s decisions and habits. They are used to personalize the experience within our websites, identify and remember the registered user and facilitate navigation.
On the Wikipedia page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie) it is possible to get more information about cookies and how they work.
What type of cookies do we use?
Cookies, depending on their permanence, can be divided into session or permanent cookies. The first ones expire when the user closes the browser. The second ones expire when the objective for which they serve is fulfilled (for example, so that the user remains identified in the websites and services) or when they are manually deleted.
Additionally, depending on its purpose, Cookies can be classified as follows:
Performance Cookies: This type of Cookie remembers your preferences for the tools found in the services, so you do not have to reconfigure the service each time you visit. As an example, this typology includes:
– Volume settings of video or sound players.
– The video transmission speeds that are compatible with your browser.
Geolocation cookies: These Cookies are used to find out in which country you are when a website or service is requested. This Cookie is completely anonymous and is only used to help guide the content to your location.
Registration cookies: Registration cookies are generated once the user has registered or subsequently opened their session, and are used to identify you on the website and services with the following objectives:
– Keep the user identified so that, if a service or website, the browser or the computer closes and at another time or another day you re-enter that service or web, it will remain identified, facilitating your navigation without having to re-identify. This functionality can be disabled if the user presses the «Exit» functionality, so that this Cookie is deleted and the next time he enters the web, the user will have to log in to be identified.
– Check if the user is authorized to access certain services, for example, to participate in a contest.
– Additionally, some services may use third-party connectors such as Facebook, Twitter or Google. When the user registers in a service with credentials of a social network or third parties identification system, he/she authorizes it to keep a permanent cookie that remembers his identity and guarantees access to the website until it expires. The user can delete this cookie and revoke access to the website through social networks or third party identification system updating their preferences in the social network that he specifies.
Analytics Cookies: every time a User visits a Web or Service, a tool from an external provider (Google Analytics, comScore and similar) generates an analytical cookie on the users’ device. This cookie that is only generated during the visit, will serve in future visits to the our website services to identify the visitor anonymously. The main objectives that are pursued are:
– Allow the anonymous identification of navigating users through the «Cookie» (identifies browsers and devices, not people) and therefore the approximate count of the number of visitors and their trend over time.
– Identify anonymously the most visited and therefore more attractive contents for the users
– Know if the user who is accessing is new or is visiting again.
Important: Unless the user decides to register on any of our websites, the cookie will never be associated with any personal data that can identify you. These cookies will only be used for statistical purposes that help optimize the users’ experience on the site.
Advertising cookies: This type of cookies allow you to expand the information of the ads displayed to each anonymous user on our websites. Among others, the duration or frequency of advertising positions display, the interaction with them, or the browsing patterns and/or user behaviors that help to shape an advertising interest profile are stored. In this way, they allow to offer advertising related to the user’ interests.
For the advertising management, third parties advertising service tools (Adservers – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_serving) are used. These third parties can store cookies sent from our websites from the users’ browsers, as well as access the data stored therein.
The companies that generate these Cookies have their own privacy policies.
Currently, Our website uses Google’s Doubleclick platform to manage these services. For more information, go to https://policies.google.com/privacy/partners?hl=en
How to disable cookies in the browser
Most browsers currently allow the user to configure if they wish to accept cookies and which ones. These settings are usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu of your browser.
These are the instructions to configure cookies in the main browsers:
Chrome: Settings -> Show advanced options -> Privacy -> Content settings. For more information, you can check Google support or browser Help.
Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom Settings. For more information, you can check Mozilla support or browser Help.
Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings. For more information, you can consult Microsoft support or browser Help.
Safari: Preferences -> Security. For more information, you can check Apple support or browser Help.